At its annual global convention in Lisbon last week, business software innovator Sage announced the overhaul of its popular mid-market ERP solution, Sage ERP X3, to produce the next generation of enterprise resource planning – Sage ERP X3 version 7.
The natural question many have been asking since is: what’s really new in version 7? What does this latest version of the software have that its predecessors didn’t?
Firstly, it’s been said that it will feature a completely new web interface based on HTML5 and will offer mobile access, web apps, MS Office integration and a powerful search functionality.
Also on the side of design, version 7 will feature a dashboard with insights and intelligence on demand.
The major highlights of X3 v7 are:
- Extended traceability: quote to cash, order to payment.
- Sales document personalisation (delivery & returns)
- Flexible definition of sales kits (options and variants)
- Additional purchasing costs: import tracking
- Flexible settings per legislation
- Increased control over inter-company transactions
- Flexible management of warehouse locations
- Enhanced automation (recurring invoices)
For detailed specifications on version 7, click here.